The appliances are all positioned in their approximate locations. The fridge is working and is stocked with goodies to eat! It is a bit less convenient for cooking since I'm still doing all the food prep and actual cooking in the cabin (nursery) but I don't mind it too much. The box sitting on the ground on the left is the dish drawer. I cannot wait to have a dishwasher again! Ignore all the cardboard on the floor - the floors are stunningly beautiful but we're trying to protect them while working.
This is an up-close look at the bathroom. Isn't the clawfoot tub simply adorable!! I spent entirely too much money on it and it is really only practical as a soaking bathtub for children ... but I love it. The toilet, sink, and tub are all working, although the septic drain lines are not connected to anything yet so don't use the toilet, please! The tub and sink drain lines are just draining to the yard for now. We haven't put in the septic drain field yet ...
And the adorable little ceiling fan! We didn't have enough cypress or pine to finish the interior ceiling so we'll be back at the mill buying more wood eventually. But, that's just aesthetics for now. I'm more focused on getting this project functional. I do think I will buy the light kit for this fan, though ... I didn't really think about it when buying the fan originally. Proper planning really is important for this kind of project! But. I had no idea what I was doing when I started and I've learned a lot.
Well, I have to be completely honest here ... this is the progress Austin has made. I really haven't helped with any of this as I've been preoccupied with nesting in the cabin. Here's our nursery for baby Page! I put together the crib, sewed the curtains, had a thrift store piece of art framed, and so much more. The art on the wall is the limerick "Old Man with the Beard" ... one of my favorites. My mom and I found it at Goodwill and paid $2.50 for it. I got it framed at Michaels and it makes the perfect focal point for the nursery. I also had the antique farmhouse chairs re-glued and recovered with some of the fabric used in the curtains.
And because I can't resist bragging - look how cute these tie-dyes came out! Thanks for your help and the inspiration, Kelly!