Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Feelin' Rich

Well, I got my tax return AND I got paid. So, feeling rich, I made a few big purchases for the Turtle.

I will be using the Rainwater HOG tanks for potable water storage built into the floorboards.
http://rainwaterhog.com/
Unwin HOGs

I ordered two tanks. I plan to hook up to well water at first and eventually move to rainwater catchment ... where these lovely tanks will be crucial. The sales rep was incredibly friendly with an Aussie accent that made me miss my sister! (Not that she has the accent - but she moved to Melbourne over a year ago!)

The second purchase was a mini-split heat/cool/dehumidify system. I was a bit reluctant to pass on the radiant heat floors. The idea of toasty warm toes. Just makes me smile to think of it. But I'd still need an AC for the dog days of Florida summer. So I decided to splurge on this beauty:
http://www.thermospace.com/ductless_split/ksil009-h119.php
mini split




Construction starts in UNDER THREE WEEKS!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment